Page Object Model
The Page Object Model, short hand POM, is a design pattern which has become very popular with QA and dev testers. Writing your tests using POM will reducing code duplication and helps in test maintainability.
Advantages of using Page Object Model (POM)
1) Actionable Code becomes much cleaner and readable. The operational code i.e., Locators, Functions, and Methods are all present in one reusable place, the page object files.
2) Less Optimization of Code is needed because of reusable functions/methods present in page object files.
3) Functions or methods can be written in a more intelligent way. The meaning and purpose of functions i.e. what action they are going to perform can be easily understood. E.g. If we want to add an item on our shopping cart we can do so by creating a function/method named as clickOnAddToCart();
Page Object Models using WebDriverIO is fully supported by the Vitaq AI Test Automation Tool. Whether you are creating your Page Object Models from scratch in Vitaq. Or simply copying them from an already created Mocha (or other) Test Framework the process is quite simple.
AI Test Automation with Page Object Model
Let’s find out how we can implement the Page Object Model using WebDriverIO in the Vitaq AI Test Automation Tool. The best way to do this is to compare what you probably already know, which how you use them in Mocha.
We will demonstrate a scenario where we will be searching an item say T-shirt on the sample e-commerce website. http://www.automationpractice.com/, and then carry out the checkout process for the guest user.
1) To Navigate to www.AutomationPractice.com. we keep our base url in the config file while using traditional webdriverio Mocha setup.
2) Now what we need is locators and functions before performing our desired test operations. For that, we create pages where we keep them separately. In the example below we are performing a search for an item in the e-commerce site and adding it to the shopping cart. So intuitively we name our page as AutomationPracticeSearch_Page.js
3) Now we have all the locators and creation of function/methods which are using all these locators completed. We now need to write the code to perform our required test actions. In Mocha (and other conventional test Frameworks) we create our test files by writing our test code in the way as shown below :-
Re-use Mocha (or other framework) code
To re-use this Mocha code we can simply copy this code into our Vitaq Test Action scripts. As an example, here we perform the above actionable functions/methods from Mocha. By copying it into our VitaqAI Test Automation Tool through Test Actions present in Test Activity Diagram shown below:-
So you can see that it is very simple to re-use your Mocha (or other conventaional Test Framework) code. By simply copying it across or if working on a new project implement your page object model (POM) using WebDriverIO in VitaqAI Test Automation Tool directly. You get the benefits of quickly making your test Automation framework AI-driven, data-driven and highly variable. This will help you to reach 100% QA test coverage in the shortest possible time. So let the power of your computer auto-generate continuous exploratory tests and find defects that other approaches miss by downloading Vitaq AI today.